Silpat Silpain Premium Non-Stick Silicon Baking Mat for Bread, 11-5/8" x 16-1/2", Black
This Silpain (Silpat for bread) is a must when making dough and baking bread rolls, buns and more. This 11-5/8 x 16-1/2-inch mat will turn your pan into a non-stick surface. The Half-Size mat is a flexible, non-stick, easy-to-use liner that has a perforated texture covered with food grade silicone and can be used thousands of times. It is ideal for freezing and for baking bread of all shapes and sizes, which are not required to be calibrated, as well as for the partial baking of tarts. The mat must be used flat and placed on a tray (we recommend a perforated tray as this provides better heat circulation). The mat is easily cleaned using a soft sponge under running water. Nothing sticks to Silpat, so it will save you a lot of time cleaning as there in no more sticky mess on your pans! Silpat never needs greasing, which saves both time and money. Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe that calls for parchment paper. This saves money and creates less waste for our environment. Life of product varies-lasts 2,000 to 3,000 uses depending on use and care. Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone and are FDA, NSF and Kosher certified. Made in France. Silpat is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Silpat liners are made of fiberglass and food grade silicone and are completely food safe. Nothing sticks to Silpat! Sasa Demarle Inc. was founded in 1965 by M. Guy Demarle in Northern France. Mr. Demarle was an experienced baker who was seeking a better way to make baguette bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He went on to invent the first non-stick baguette baking trays or filets, as they are known in France. A few years later, Mr. Demarle also went on to invent and create the original Silpat. Since then, we continue to strive for improvements in non-stick products for the baking, patisserie and food-service industries.
- Designed for making dough and baking bread rolls, buns and more; Provides non-stick baking and even heat transfer to your baked goods
- Mat measures 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"; Fits half-size 13" x 18" baking sheet
- Wipe with soapy hot water after use and lay flat or hang to dry; Lay flat or roll to store
- Made of fiberglass and silicone and can be used thousands of times; Professional quality
- Freezer, microwave and oven-safe; Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 482 degrees F)